Friday, December 2, 2011

TheFlyLady's technique and was a success.. I did each task for 10-15 minutes each not fretting that it took me more than 10 minutes tocomplete a task. It's normal for me to take longer doings things than someone without CP. I worked for roughly 2 hours using 4 of those 15 minutes for resting between tasks so my true work time was 1 hour. Here's a list of how it laid out:

1) Got items and areas ready (tools together & moved rugs & emptied kitchen trash)
2) Swept all tile floors ... entry way, kitchen, 2 bathrooms
3) Rested
4) Steam moped entry way and kitchen (2 issues here...ran out of time & too tires to steam mop bathrooms. That will have to be a separate task)
5) Rested
6) Spot cleaned kitchen rug
7) Rested (6&7 were actually done together, I sat & spot cleaned & rested while the spot remover was working) this took roughly 30 minutes.
8) Cleaned kitchen counter tops, backsplash, appliance surfaces
9) Rested
10)Put rugs back in place, cleaning supplies back.

While I was exhausted and my back was hurting I was encouraged with my accomplishment. I did strain a muscle in my back while mopping. However I believe that can be managed by my learning how to stand and control the mop without twisting.
I must stress that my back is much stronger now thanks to CrossFit. Today was my CrossFit (workout) day so while there I rolled on a styrofoam roller which help my back immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment